The aftermath of pathological love relationships is like none other. The devastation and the unique symptoms that people experience are not widely understood by women’s organizations and mental health professionals.
The Institute, the leading experts in both research and treatment for the aftermath of pathological love relationships, offers our highly effective and uniquely specialized approach toward your recovery through our ‘Path to Recovery’ program.
Healing through The Institute begins with a self-assessment of your current situation including emotional, physical, spiritual, legal, parental, sexual aspects, and the most problematic symptoms you are experiencing. From that, The Institute’s mental health professionals will determine if our counseling/coaching and/or retreat approaches are the right mix for your current emotional needs.
The first step is to request a pre-assessment by emailing Counseling and Retreats through the Contact Us form. The pre-assessment will help us determine the level of your symptoms and understand your needs. Briefly state what has or has not been working for you as this will help us fill the specific gap in your care. It is our belief that working in a holistic manner is best.
The second step is selecting which level of care is best for you. All of our services will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of personality disorders and the specific relational dynamics that have impacted you. Whether you choose tele-counseling/coaching or a retreat, you will receive information about personality disorders.
Once we receive your completed pre-assessment, we will evaluate it and will get back to you with more information. Please be patient – our workload is handled on a first-come/first-serve basis and we WILL get back to you as soon as we can.
An Affordable Recovery Program: At this time, the Affordable Recovery Program is comprised of two elements: The Living Recovery Program was developed for those who have suffered serious financial impact and need efficient and affordable pathology education and trauma survivor support. For those who cannot afford the time and cost of traveling to a retreat or a 1:1, or for whom weekly tele-counseling is not currently an option, our Living Recovery Program offers trauma-specific and cost effective intervention.
Tele-counseling/coaching: Tele-counseling is one-to-one phone sessions with our Director of Clinical Services, a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, which include pathology education, relational dynamics, symptom management, healing techniques and strategies for co-parenting. One hour tele-counseling sessions are private and can be scheduled at a mutually convenient time. Request a pre-assessment by emailing us through the Contact Us form, using Counseling and retreats from the dropdown. State that you are interested in tele-coaching.
Retreats: Retreats are small groups of survivors or one-on-one intensives with Sandra that are held several times throughout the year and are hosted by our staff. The goal of the retreats is to provide information on personality disorders, the relational dynamics, and specific healing techniques. Most retreats are five days. To learn more about the various retreats, dates, locations and details, visit Retreat Schedule and Descriptions.
Support group counseling/coaching: There are no tele-support groups scheduled at this time.
Begin Your Path to Recovery
You can begin your Path to Recovery by requesting a pre-assessment. Simply email us through the Contact Us form, choosing Counseling and retreats from the dropdown. Please be sure to tell us which services you are interested in.
You may mix and match services for your particular needs.
|Support groups||$80 for 4 weekly sessions|
|Tele-coaching||$75 per hour|
|Retreats||$750 and up|
What You Need To Know
We cannot provide emergency services:
- We are not an emergency-based program which requires the ability of an organization to see someone face-to-face during crisis. We do not provide what is considered counseling or therapy; therefore, those with an emergency need should seek the services of a mental health professional in their area.
- While we do our best to respond to emails/inquiries within 48 hours, we do so on a first-come, first-served basis. However, if you are in crisis, are physically unsafe, or emotionally crashing, you should first seek services in your local community prior to approaching The Institute.
- Our services focus on the aftermath of a pathological relationship and this includes recovery from the symptoms that occur. If you are still in the relationship, we are unable to assist you because we are limited to working over the phone. Your safety is our concern and if you are in a dangerous relationship, please seek help from your local domestic violence shelter or clinical professional.
- We are not a ‘non-profit’. The Institute charges for services and we strive to keep our pathology-related assistance affordable for most people. Keep in mind that our staff is uniquely qualified to deal with pathological love relationships and our program is the only existing program of its kind. You can read staff bios on the website.
- The exact cost of your recovery will be determined by the kinds of assistance you need.