Technology is about to change the way victims of domestic violence/ stalking will be able to document through video the prior abuse and future potential threats against their lives. The new technology called an ‘Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit’ will force abusers to think twice about making their partner vanish without a trace. In her absence, the Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit will give information that could aid in his arrest and a solid case for prosecutors.
With this technology, in cases that result in murder, the victim’s words through the Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit can be admitted into testimony at the trial as a “Last Will and Testament” rather than how it has previously been labeled as “hearsay” carrying little weight in court. The Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit will document the victim’s description of the offender’s identity, behavior, and possible motivation for her harm or disappearance.
Information such as:
• Who he is
• The threats made against her life/life of others
• Motives behind her death/disappearance
• And weapons he might have used
These are all powerful investigative information left in a video taped document that is delivered directly to law enforcement and selected ‘safe persons.
This technology will be a voice for those who are normally silenced during post decree issues. In the past, victim’s voices were silenced because the offender has the 6th Amendment right to face his accuser. If the victim was missing or dead, testimony given on her behalf by others who knew of the violence in their relationship, threats made against her, or possible motives for her murder, are dismissed as ‘hearsay.’
Now, with the Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit, the victim will have documented her abuse through video and other legal procedures that will allow this affidavit to be used in court as her words, in case of disappearance or murder.
This technology has the ability to revolutionize intimate partner violence on two fronts:
1. Prevention. As this technology becomes implemented in law enforcement across this country, abusers will know that their victim will have the ability to use this documentation for his prosecution in the future. Her future abuse, disappearance or murder is highly defeated by his fear of prosecution.
2. Prosecution. Victim’s that are critically harmed (in a coma, etc.), missing or murdered still have the ability to aid the prosecution of the offender through the Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit. Information on his previous violence, weapons, plans, and motives are now available for the state’s prosecution.
Incredible Benefits of The E.A.A.
Created as both a process (you can follow instructions from the book Times Up! and make your own E.A.A.) and as a product (a downloadable App created by Wetstone Technology that will create the E.A.A. for you), it will significantly reduce the number of homicides and missing persons per year by providing cutting edge technology and vital knowledge that will give potential victims valuable and non?reputable evidence that will aid in:
• Overruling “hearsay” laws
• Provide a powerful deterrent against repeat violence by the offender
• And lead to eventual conviction
It will significantly reduce the costs incurred by:
• Law enforcement
• The justice system
• Medical health care services
• Mental health services
• Domestic violence shelter court advocacy services
• and Insurance claims
all which cost taxpayers millions of dollars annually.
We are proud to be announcing this revolutionary step in victim’s rights.
To learn more about this revolutionizing technology, read here: