Have you been harmed in a relationship by someone with:
- Anti-Social Personality Disorder?
- Borderline Personality Disorder?
- Or even Psychopathy?
Do you have these symptoms?
The Institute’s 12 Aftermath Symptom Questionnaire ©
- Obsessive rumination
- Grief and Depression
- Intrusive thoughts/Flashbacks (of good and bad memories of the relationship)
- Avoiding of people/places/things that remind you of the relationship
- Anxiety/Panic/Fight/Flight/Freeze responses
- Craving for the relationship even though it was harmful to you
- Feel deprived of your attachment to your former partner
- Acute, Chronic Stress Reactions, PTSD or Complex PTSD
- Stress-Related Physical Illnesses
- Feel like you are on an emotional roller coaster
- Decreased ability to focus and make decisions
- Cognitive Dissonance (Conflicting belief system that the partner is good/or bad)
These symptoms are commonly referred to as ‘Aftermath’ symptoms and are the most identified forms of trauma associated with relationships with pathological partners who have Cluster B and/or Psychopathy.
If you have any or all of these symptoms and are seeking symptom management and/or reduction, and are ready to feel more like who you were before the pathology train wrecked your life, get started on Your Path to Recovery.
Why We Can Help You
- We’ve been treating conditions related to the aftermath of relationships with pathological partners for 30 years.
- We host a transformational five-day intensive program and retreats for survivors at our Retreat Center in the beautiful mountains of N.C. ~ Our books and information have been utilized for recovery in women’s organizations, shelters, jails, universities, and a variety of programs. Some of our material has been translated into multiple languages and is distributed in almost every country of the world.
- We wrote the inaugural book about partners (that’s you!) of Cluster B Disorders and psychopaths, identified and wrote about the condition of cognitive dissonance as a unique aftermath symptom, and founded the sole treatment program for the pathological partner-generated aftermath.
- We have worked in collaboration with Dr. Rhonda Freeman, Neuropsychologist, to support and provide the science behind a conceptualized theory on the Neuro & Brain-Based Aftermath Symptoms of Relationship Break Ups (from pathological partners), what has happened to your brain, and how to heal it.
- And, we offer multiple levels of recovery options from ‘Affordable Care’ in the comfort of your own home to intensive and trauma-specific care at our Retreat Center.
Do you want RESULTS from the industry’s leading experts? Or are you willing to settle for peer-survivor validation websites and groups that tell “the story” over and over, thereby subtly increasing your symptoms and the resulting distress? Need more than ‘that’s what happened to me’ explanations? Come on, let’s get symptom-free… start on Your Path to Recovery.
- July Product Special
- Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
- Do Individuals with Psychopathy Have the Ability to Love their Partners?
- Genetic and Neuro-Physiological Basis for Hyper-Empathy
- Need Better Brain Control? 20 Minutes a Day of This Can Help
The Institute for Relational Harm Reduction and Public Pathology Education is dedicated to providing pathology education to both survivors and treatment providers through the understanding of the inevitable harm to others caused by Cluster B disorders. It is our goal to provide the most up to date and effective prevention, intervention and active treatment approaches for survivor services and to share those approaches with treatment providers.
Safe Relationships Magazine provides a place for survivors and treatment providers to access pathology information and recovery services to assist in understanding Cluster B disorders and healing from the aftermath and inevitable harm of pathological relationships.